County-wide Asset Management Program Development
Citrus County, Florida
Client: Citrus County, Florida
Hoyle, Tanner assisted Citrus County in developing a demonstration project to evaluate the potential benefits of implementing a county-wide asset management program. The project targeted one typical development within the county for which the demonstration project was applied. The project included:
- Review of all GIS system information to identify what assets data collection has happened.
- Asset identification for which information is was not being collected but is necessary for a complete program.
- Evaluation of the condition and risk of all assets within the project area.
- Evaluation of County data bases, which could be linked with a Asset Management software.
- Evaluate hardware and network access to connect the different data bases.
- Identification of probable in-house man hours for the demonstration project.
- Development of a budget.
- Development of measurable goals to evaluate the demonstration project.
At the conclusion of the demonstration project, Hoyle, Tanner assisted the County in evaluating the potential increase in efficiency, cost savings, and effective data-driven decision making should the County choose to implement an Asset Management Program County-wide.