Yarmouth, ME Office
106 Lafayette Street, Unit 2D Yarmouth, ME 04096
Phone: 207-844-8102 Fax: 603-669-4168
Director of Maine Operations
Transportation Project Engineer
We are looking for a passionate, motivated and supportive Project Engineer who enjoys working with a team to help deliver successful projects to our clients.TMC21020 Continue Reading
Transportation Project Engineer
Hoyle, Tanner is a growing and dynamic planning and engineering firm with offices throughout New England and Florida. Our reputation is one of quality service delivered on time, on budget, and with dedication and loyalty to our clients. We have opportunities for professionals who share our commitment to provide innovative, collaborative and sustainable solutions to the challenges our clients face, while enhancing the communities in which we work and live.
Hoyle, Tanner is looking for a passionate, motivated and supportive Project Engineer who enjoys working with a team to help deliver successful projects to our clients. This position can be based out of our Yarmouth, ME, North Andover, MA office or Manchester or Portsmouth, NH offices and will require travel to our client and project sites, as needed.
As a Project Engineer in our Transportation Services Group you will:
- Be a strong contributor on a team tasked with delivering state agency and municipal roadway, traffic, drainage and safety designs.
- Be responsible for preparation of calculations, layouts, estimates and specifications under senior engineers and project managers.
- Lead and guide junior engineers and CADD teammates.
The successful candidate will have experience with plan production, specification writing, engineering analysis, task management in a project engineer roll, and possess strong oral and written communication skills.
If you are enthusiastic, intelligent, dependable and love transportation engineering, this might be the right road for you!
- Primary role in an integrated, multi-discipline team that solves technical challenges on projects of significant scope, size and difficulty
- Complete assignments accurately and on time with limited direction from the Project Manager
- Develop an understanding of project, scope of services, project development, project schedule and provide updates and recommendations to the Project Manager in maintaining schedule and budget
- Understand the client’s organization, key people, and client expectations
- Share best practices to improve performance and efficiency of self and team
- Develop person-hour estimates and budgets with guidance from senior staff
- Lead small team for moderately complex projects
- Assist in proposal efforts and development
- Provide coaching, mentoring and feedback to develop entry-level and staff engineers, peers and others as needed
- Conduct site visits and participate in or lead meetings with clients/contractors
- Demonstrate strong technical writing and presentation skills for deliverables, proposals, and presentations in a public setting (for clients or at seminars/conferences)
- Bachelors: BSCE in civil engineering with a focus on applicable transportation related topics
- Current PE in any or all of the following states: NH, ME, VT, MA
- 4-8 years of roadway design and related experience
- Valid Driver’s License
- Proficient in Microstation, AutoCAD, HydroCAD, Civil 3D, ArcView, In Roads, and MS Project
- Masters Degree
HOYLE, TANNER & ASSOCIATES, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, VIETNAM ERA VETERAN, DISABLED EMPLOYER, DOES NOT CURRENTLY OFFER SPONSORSHIP, and PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.