Yarmouth, ME Office
106 Lafayette Street, Unit 2D Yarmouth, ME 04096
Phone: 207-844-8102 Fax: n/a
Director of Maine Operations
Construction Inspector – ME
Hoyle, Tanner is looking for an experienced, responsive, and adaptive temporary full time construction inspector for our Aviation Services Group.RMF10720 Continue Reading
Construction Inspector – ME
Hoyle, Tanner is a growing and dynamic engineering and planning firm with offices throughout New England and Florida. Our reputation is one of quality service delivered on time, on budget, and with dedication and loyalty to our clients. We have opportunities for professionals who share our commitment to provide innovative, collaborative and sustainable solutions to the challenges our clients face, while enhancing the communities in which we work and live.
Hoyle, Tanner is looking for an experienced, responsive, and adaptive temporary full time construction inspector for our Aviation Services Group. This position is based out of our Manchester, NH office but will require constant travel to project sites throughout New England.
As a Construction Inspector in the Aviation Services Group you will:
- Undertake a pre-field review of the plans and specifications in order to become familiar with the project documents and project work site.
- Prepare daily reports covering the work in progress, delays to construction, unusual events, visitors to the work site, and record daily contract quantities.
- Coordinate the construction activity with the OWNER.
- Arrange for materials testing as required by the specifications.
- Determine the suitability of materials brought to the site to be used in the construction based on shop drawing submittals.
- Interpret the contract plans and specifications and monitor the construction activities to assure compliance with the intent of the design.
- Measure, compute, or monitor quantities of work performed and quantities of materials in-place for partial and final payments to the contractors; and maintain diaries and other project records to document the work.
- Provide “as built” information for preparation of “as built” drawings of the completed project and undertake post-field work as necessary in order to close out the PROJECT.
The successful candidate will have good communication skills, great organizational, quality control, and computer skills, and be highly responsive.
If you work well independently and enjoy construction, then this position could be for you!
- NETTCP or similar accreditation
- 4 years of experience in field inspection and administration of airfield or highway/roadway construction
- Willing to stay overnight during the week at the job site for extended periods of time
- OSHA 10 Hour
- Valid Driver’s License
- Proficient in MS Office suite, Email, and the Internet
- BS in Civil Engineering or Associates Degree in Construction Management
HOYLE, TANNER & ASSOCIATES, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
HOYLE, TANNER & ASSOCIATES, INC. PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY
HOYLE, TANNER & ASSOCIATES, INC. DOES NOT CURRENTLY OFFER SPONSORSHIP