North Andover, MA
50 High Street, 4th Floor, Suite 49 North Andover, MA 01845
Phone: 978-296-4433 Fax: 603-669-4168
Regional Business Manager - Massachusetts
Transportation Project Engineer
We are looking for a passionate, motivated and supportive Project Engineer who enjoys working with a team to help deliver successful projects to our clients.TMC11020/TMC21020 Continue Reading
Transportation Project Engineer
Hoyle, Tanner is a growing and dynamic planning and engineering firm with offices throughout New England and Florida. Our reputation is one of quality service delivered on time, on budget, and with dedication and loyalty to our clients. We have opportunities for professionals who share our commitment to provide innovative, collaborative and sustainable solutions to the challenges our clients face, while enhancing the communities in which we work and live.
Hoyle, Tanner is looking for a passionate, motivated and supportive Project Engineer who enjoys working with a team to help deliver successful projects to our clients. This position can be based out of our North Andover, MA office or Manchester or Portsmouth, NH offices and will require travel to our client and project sites, as needed.
As a Project Engineer in our Transportation Services Group you will:
- Be a strong contributor on a team tasked with delivering state agency and municipal roadway, traffic, drainage and safety designs.
- Be responsible for preparation of calculations, layouts, estimates and specifications under senior engineers and project managers.
- Lead and guide junior engineers and CADD teammates.
The successful candidate will have experience with plan production, specification writing, engineering analysis, task management in a project engineer roll, and possess strong oral and written communication skills.
If you are enthusiastic, intelligent, dependable and love transportation engineering, this might be the right road for you!
- Primary role in an integrated, multi-discipline team that solves technical challenges on projects of significant scope, size and difficulty
- Complete assignments accurately and on time with limited direction from the Project Manager
- Develop an understanding of project, scope of services, project development, project schedule and provide updates and recommendations to the Project Manager in maintaining schedule and budget
- Understand the client’s organization, key people, and client expectations
- Share best practices to improve performance and efficiency of self and team
- Develop person-hour estimates and budgets with guidance from senior staff
- Lead small team for moderately complex projects
- Assist in proposal efforts and development
- Provide coaching, mentoring and feedback to develop entry-level and staff engineers, peers and others as needed
- Conduct site visits and participate in or lead meetings with clients/contractors
- Demonstrate strong technical writing and presentation skills for deliverables, proposals, and presentations in a public setting (for clients or at seminars/conferences)
- Bachelors: BSCE in civil engineering with a focus on applicable transportation related topics
- Current PE in any or all of the following states: NH, ME, VT, MA
- 4-8 years of roadway design and related experience
- Valid Driver’s License
- Proficient in Microstation, AutoCAD, HydroCAD, Civil 3D, ArcView, In Roads, and MS Project
- Masters Degree
Hoyle, Tanner & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not currently offer sponsorship, and participates in E-Verify.
Senior Bridge Project Manager
Come join our team in our North Andover, MA office as a Senior Bridge PM!STJ10219 Continue Reading
Senior Bridge Project Manager
We are currently seeking a Senior Bridge Project Manager (PM) with 10+ years of bridge and structures engineering experience to join our Bridge and Structures Group in our North Andover, MA office.
As a Senior Bridge PM in our Bridge Services Group you will:
- Design and inspect New England transportation agency and municipal bridge projects
- Be involved in business development with constant client interaction and maintenance
- Eventually lead Junior Engineers and Technicians supporting you with design, drawing, document, estimate preparations, inspections and other tasks as requiredThe selected and proven candidate will have the ability to grow with us in their professional career. If you are experienced, qualified, determined and are passionate about bridge engineering, please apply!
- The successful candidate will be confident in their capabilities and eager to excel and lead a growing team. You must be able to take initiative and be willing to go the extra mile when needed. You must work well with others as well as independently.
- Achieve excellent financial performance for Hoyle, Tanner
- Provide superior client service by responding to needs and understanding concerns
- Lead and assemble a qualified project team to successfully complete complex projects or challenging client deliverables on time and within budget
- Maintain and foster team engagement and satisfaction in completing project tasks and collaborating with subconsultants and other disciplines
- Resolve team personnel conflicts in conjunction with supervisors
- Lead efforts in pursuit of potential projects and the development of technical and price proposals
- Monitor and manage resources to complete projects in accordance with the contract, scope of services, budget, and schedule. Efficiently and effectively use Deltek and other management tools.
- Promptly invoice for services rendered and advocate for outstanding accounts receivable
- Monitor product quality and ensure a quality management plan is developed with roles defined accordingly
- Keep Principal-In-Charge informed of potential claims or contract risks as they arise and collaborate on resolution strategies as needed
- Bachelors: BSCE with structural concentration
- PE, or the ability to obtain, in MA
- 10+ years of bridge and structures experience
- Demonstrated Proficiency in approach bridge design and inspection
- 15+ years of increasing engineering or planning and leadership experience with at least 5 years of experience as a project manager
- Strong communication skills, an acute understanding of project finances, scheduling, and client management skills
- HIGHLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES:
- Master’s Degree
- A member in professional and non-professional organizations
HOYLE, TANNER & ASSOCIATES, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, DOES NOT CURRENTLY OFFER SPONSORSHIP, AND PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.