Employee Spotlight: Taylor Kirk
Taylor Kirk, Aviation Engineer and Sushi Lover
1. What drew you to Hoyle, Tanner?
I became interested in Hoyle, Tanner because of the size and location of the company, I was also intrigued by the open position in aviation. The idea of working in aviation was really appealing to me.
2. What’s your favorite time of year to work at Hoyle, Tanner?
The holidays because we are usually busy still in aviation and as a company we get together and do a lot of fun things like the holiday party.
3. What’s the coolest thing you are working on?
The coolest thing I am working om right now would be an apron rehabilitation project which required a lot of unique drainage design that had not really been done in our department before.
4. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you so far this week?
Considering its Monday, I am not sure, but I am getting married this Saturday so that will probably be it.
5. How many different states have you lived in?
4. Ohio, Kentucky, Maine, and New Hampshire
6. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life what would it be?
7. What kind of pet do you have and how did you choose to name it?
I have 1 cat named Maya, my fiancé and I just both thought of the name and liked it.
8. What is a fun or interesting fact about your hometown?
I spent most of my childhood living in Baldwin, ME its pretty close to Sebago Lake and it only has about 1,500 people, it is not very interesting.
9. Name three items you’d take with you to a desert island
1. A helicopter
2. A pilot
3. Plenty of fuel
10. What characteristic do you admire most in others?
11. How old is the oldest item in your closet?
I probably have T-shirts that are 10-12 years old.
12. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
I always wanted to be an engineer I wanted to be a mechanical engineer and work on designing cars and parts for cars.