Employee Spotlight: Schuyler Lamoureux
Schuyler Lamoureux – Airport Planner & Aspiring World Traveler
1. What drew you to Hoyle Tanner?
The two biggest things that drew me to Hoyle Tanner were the company culture and the location. There is a strong family aspect in the company, and you will find yourself getting along with everyone, including people outside of your department. Also, the location was a bonus because I love New England and wanted to work in the region where I grew up.
2. What’s something invaluable you’ve learned here?
Communication is always important. Whether it’s with a client or a coworker, a project becomes significantly easier the more you communicate.
3. What’s your favorite time of year to work at Hoyle Tanner?
I would have to say Autumn since the weather is nice and the commute to work is beautiful.
4. What’s the coolest thing you are working on?
I was able to fly a drone mission at an airport, and we are working on creating a 3D model of the airport’s approaches with the pictures we gathered from the drone. I am constantly amazed at the capabilities of this technology.
5. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you so far this week?
I made an apple pie with my fiancée, and it was delicious.
6. How many different states have you lived in?
3 – I grew up in Connecticut, attended college in Florida, and currently live in Vermont.
7. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life what would it be?
I love seafood so I could probably mix it up with either fish or shrimp.
8. What kind of pet do you have and how did you choose to name it?
I don’t currently have a pet, but I am getting a labradoodle in March. We don’t have any names picked out yet.
9. What is a fun or interesting fact about your hometown?
My hometown, Stafford Springs, was famous for its mineral springs and was even visited by John Adams before he was president.
10. What are three things still left on your bucket list
1. Visit every continent (even Antarctica if I have the chance)
2. Become fluent in a language
3. Drive a Formula 1 racecar at the Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
11. Name three items you’d take with you to a desert island
1. Plenty of Books
2. Fishing Pole
3. A Wilson Volleyball
12. What characteristic do you admire most in others?
Honesty & kindness
13. How old is the oldest item in your closet?
About 2,000 years old. I have a coin from Ancient Rome stored away somewhere.
14. Words to live by? Favorite Quote?
I have two quotes from some of my favorite movies:
“Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.” – Ferris Bueller
“Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you are going to get.” – Forest Gump
15. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
I wanted to either play on the New York Yankees or be a marine biologist.
16. If you were to skydive from an airplane what would you think about on the way down?
“I hope the parachute works!”