Employee Spotlight: Kevin Preston
Kevin Preston, CADD Technician and White Mountain Hiker
1. What drew you to Hoyle, Tanner?
I wanted to work in a smaller company environment than the one I was previously in, allowing more room for professional growth.
2. What’s something invaluable you’ve learned here?
The importance of communication. I’ve never been the greatest communicator, personally and professionally, but I do try to get better at it all the time.
3. What’s your favorite time of year to work at Hoyle, Tanner?
I can’t say any time of year really stands out specifically over another, but I do enjoy seeing what everyone comes up with for decorations during Christmas.
4. What’s the coolest thing you are working on?
I’m working on a large project for a state agency. I have a soft spot for the larger projects and being able to say I worked on it every time I drive by would be pretty neat.
5. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you so far this week?
I received approval from a mortgagee to begin a search for a new home!
6. How many different states have you lived in?
Only New Hampshire! Although I was born in Massachusetts, oddly enough.
7. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life what would it be?
8. What kind of pet do you have and how did you choose to name it?
I have a 2-year-old Bernedoodle dog named Jackson. I named him after Mount Jackson in the White Mountains, one of the first 4,000-foot mountains I ever climbed.
9. What is a fun or interesting fact about your hometown?
I grew up in Bow, NH… Nothing fun or interesting comes to mind!
10. What are three things still left on your bucket list
1. Visit England, specifically take a trip to Anfield where Liverpool FC play.
2. See the Northern Lights.
3. Climb Mount Whitney in California, the tallest peak in the lower 48.
11. Name three items you’d take with you to a desert island.
1. A lighter
2. A tarp
3. Fishing equipment (practical enough)
12. What characteristic do you admire most in others?
13. How old is the oldest item in your closet?
14 years old? I moved into my current condo about a year and a half ago, many things disappeared in the move but there is a pair of soccer cleats from high school still kicking (no pun intended…) around in there!
14. Words to live by? Favorite Quote?
“Treat others the way you want to be treated.” It’s simple, but many problems could be alleviated by simply remembering it.
15. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
A professional soccer player.
16. If you were to skydive from an airplane what would you think about on the way down?
Which cord is the parachute?