Employee Spotlight: Amy Chase
Amy Chase, Marketing/Proposal Coordinator and Bird Mom
1. What drew you to Hoyle, Tanner?
The position got me interested, but the company culture made me really want to be a part of the team. Hoyle, Tanner is a great company with even better people.
2. What’s something invaluable you’ve learned here?
The entire process for municipal projects was a foreign concept to me prior to working here, so that knowledge is something invaluable I’ve learned. I’ve gained new appreciation and respect for how towns get funding, fix roads and bridges, and develop our infrastructure.
3. What’s your favorite time of year to work at Hoyle, Tanner?
Christmas time. I have learned that Christmas is much more than decorated parties and holiday festivities – it’s also a time to build something enormous and crush the competition.
4. What’s the coolest thing you are working on?
Everything in marketing is cool, but anytime I can do something creative is coolest. Right now I am working on rebranding with the rest of the marketing department, which has been a fun process.
5. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you so far this week?
We got some new furniture! A reclining couch and matching chair that the cats can’t wait to get their claws into.
6. How many different states have you lived in?
2 – Massachusetts for most of my life and New Hampshire for the last two years.
7. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life what would it be?
This is a tough question because I love food and have many favorites, but for the rest of my life? I’d never get sick of tacos.
8. What kind of pet do you have and how did you choose to name it?
Cosmo the cat is named after Cosmo Kramer and Boo the cat is Boo because she was rescued on Halloween. My boyfriend is responsible for those names, as I am the adopted mother. We also have two cockatiels named Leo and Lucy, but there was no rhyme or reason to their names.
9. What is a fun or interesting fact about your hometown?
Sports Illustrated magazine once named Billerica in the top 50 towns country-wide for sports and recreation.
10. What are three things still left on your bucket list
1. Visit Europe
2. Buy a house on the water
3. Somehow be included in a top-secret mission for NASA.
Not all the items on my bucket list are within reach, but I’m going to shoot for the stars.
11. Name three items you’d take with you to a desert island.
2. A Treehouse
3. A Jet Ski
12. What characteristic do you admire most in others?
Humility, compassion, and an open mind.
13. How old is the oldest item in your closet?
I have a watch that has been passed down to me by my grandmother. I’m not sure how old it is, but much older than me!
14. Words to live by? Favorite quote?
“You are exactly where you’re supposed to be.” – This is something my mom would always say to me. It’s a reminder to put a little faith in the universe and not to overthink what I can’t control.
15. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
I wanted to be a veterinarian and work with animals until I heard a story of a girl in town who got a pet skunk. When I learned they had a vet de-skunk the skunk I switched careers.
16. If you were to skydive from an airplane what would you think about on the way down?
Am I being murdered? Because there’s no way I’d willingly jump from a plane.