Hoyle, Tanner is a growing and dynamic planning and engineering firm with offices throughout New England and Florida. Our reputation is one of quality service delivered on time, on budget, and with dedication and loyalty to our clients. We have opportunities for professionals who share our commitment to provide innovative, collaborative and sustainable solutions to the challenges our clients face, while enhancing the communities in which we work and live.
Hoyle, Tanner is looking for an experienced, responsive, and adaptive temporary full time resident engineer for our Florida Aviation Services Group. This position is based out of our Oviedo, FL office but will require location in Martin County Florida or Flagler County Florida.
As a Resident Engineer in the Aviation Services Group you will:
- Be on the construction site providing technical expertise and coordination to include monitoring and reviewing contractor construction schedules, interpreting contract plans and specifications with contractors and other project participants, inspecting and approving contractors’ work and adherence to contract requirements, perform QA/QC, and verifying acceptability of material incorporated into the project while maintaining material and inspection records.
- Prepare construction administration paperwork, daily quality control reports, a daily diary, photo log, project logs for submittal, RFIs, change orders, and other documentation as needed/required.
- Attend job meetings, coordinate with airport staff, coordinate the testing of construction materials (including but not limited to concrete, soil and asphalt).
The successful candidate will have good communication skills, be highly organized, have great computer skills, and be exceedingly responsive.
If you work well independently and enjoy resident engineering, then this position could be for you!
- Associate’s Degree
- 2-8 years of experience in airport engineering design or field inspection and administration of airfield construction
- Willing to stay overnight during the week at the job site for extended periods of time
- Valid Driver’s License
- Proficient in MS Office suite, Email, Internet and multiple engineering programs (GPS, AutoCAD)
- Working knowledge of Deltek Vision
- BS in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
HOYLE, TANNER & ASSOCIATES, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
HOYLE, TANNER & ASSOCIATES, INC. PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY
HOYLE, TANNER & ASSOCIATES, INC. DOES NOT CURRENTLY OFFER SPONSORSHIP