Nichole Davis named Ambassador for the
Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce
Hoyle, Tanner is pleased to announce that Nichole Davis, Marketing Specialist, has been selected as a Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce Ambassador. As a Chamber Ambassador, she will provide member…Continue Reading
This Resident Engineer position is for an airport in Connecticut. The resident will be located on the construction site observing construction and will provide technical expertise and coordination as well as other duties related to airfield construction. The Resident Engineer will prepare construction administration paperwork, attend job meetings, coordinate with airport staff and coordinate with materials testing in accordance with the specifications.
This position is temporary full time. We do however anticipate additional opportunities within the disciplines of aviation, bridges, building structural, roadways, site-civil and water/wastewater will be available for qualified candidates in 2016 and beyond.
- Monitors and reviews contractor construction schedules.
- Interprets contract plans and specifications with contractors and other project participants.
- Inspects and approves contractors’ work and assure adherence to contract requirements.
- Assures project’s quality control and quality assurance standards.
- Prepares daily quality control reports, maintains a daily diary, photo log per contract, and other documentation as required.
- Prepares and updates project logs for submittals, RFI’s, and other change orders.
- Verifies acceptability of material incorporated into the project and maintains material and inspection records.
- Coordinates the testing of constructions materials, including concrete, soil, and asphalt.
- Coordinates with airport staff.
Skills & Abilities:
- Effective writing, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team involving staff, clients and outside agencies.
- Ability to analyze, interpret data.
- Ability to meet sensitive deadlines.
- Able to carry out multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering or construction management preferred – other Engineering degree will be considered
- NETTCP or similar accreditation
- Minimum 15 Years’ experience in field inspection and administration of airfield construction.
- Good interpersonal skills and capable of developing technical writing, and communications skills. Personal Computer skills required.
- Valid driver’s license required
- Ability to pass a Criminal History Records Check and Security Threat Assessment
- Willing to stay overnight during the week at the job site for extended periods of time.
- Willing to travel on short notice to project job sites.